When You’re Ready To Adopt
Once a dog is accepted into our program, it is spayed/neutered, brought up to date on vaccines, microchipped and provided with whatever other veterinary care is needed.
Bulldogs are notorious to have extensive medical needs which in turn results in extremely large veterinary expenses.
We then place our dogs into a foster home where we get to know them better in order to determine what kind of family would be the best match for their forever. Every dog that is adopted allows us to repeat the process and save another.
Every one of our dogs has and will change a life and this is all because you helped us give them a chance.
Placing our rescues into homes is without a doubt our most important task as volunteers. Our process may seem strenuous but please be ensured that we take the time to carefully and diligently screen each applicant with the hopes of this home being each one of our rescue’s final and forever family.
- Research the breed and familiarize yourself with their usual upkeep and maintenance.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must own home or provide landlord contact information.
- Must successfully pass veterinarian reference check (any current animals must be UTD on vaccinations and spayed/neutered).
- Must comply with initial phone interview
- Must have successful home visit (we do this to help you prepare for your new canine addition, examine your current animals temperaments in order to ensure a good match as well as answer any questions you may have).
- Must be able to do as many Meet & Greets as needed to ensure a safe transition into your home.
- Must be able to pay Adoption Donation in FULL (no payment plans will be allowed).
- Must not have children under 12 years of age unless located within 30 minutes of Greater Cincinnati area.
- Live within a 4 hour radius of Cincinnati, OH (local applicants will receive priority)
How It Works
- Complete Application (Questions? ADOPT@queencitybulldogrescue.com)
- Once Application is received a confirmation email will be sent to you via email from a Coordinator.
- Applications will be reviewed. Note: We are a best fit rescue. This means we will carefully screen each application (including personal and veterinary references) with specific interests of each rescue dog before making final selections.
- Selected applicant(s) will be contacted via email to schedule a phone interview.
- Final selection based on best fit for each individual rescue dog will be made and applicant(s) will be notified.
- Home visit will be completed.
- Meet and Greet with dog will be scheduled.
- Seven day trial period will be completed with dog in your home.
- Formal Adoption Contract completed and Adoption WELCOME TO THE QCBR FAMILY!